A Morning at Face to Face
Face to Face is an award-winning 3-hour educational program which takes place at Congregation Shaarey Tikvah on many Tuesday and Thursday mornings during the school-year.
A typical morning at Face to Face looks like this:
- Welcome to Face to Face
- Introduction to Judaism and synagogue life with a rabbi or Jewish educator
- Slide presentation - teacher's choice of:
- “Where Hatred Can Lead” - Holocaust overview
- Using Photographs to Document the Holocaust
- Museum time with volunteer docents
- Speaker - survivor, liberator or child of survivor
Typical educational materials provided include:
- Teaching resources for classrooms or libraries
- Educational booklet, Face to Face With History, A Survivor and Hope
- Memory bags* with small symbolic items to remind students of the lessons they learned at Face to Face
*Memory bags are assembled by participants in the Adult Day program at Menorah Park Center for Senior Living.