Teens (grades eight through twelve) have several options at Shaarey Tikvah and in the local community to continue their Jewish education and involvement.
- B’nai Emunah (Confirmation – Tenth Grade) / B’nai Torah (Graduation – Twelfth Grade): These milestone programs offer our teens the chance to showcase their continued Jewish learning in a personally meaningful way.
- Teen Lunch and Learns: Held once a month during the school year, this program gives teens an opportunity to socialize over lunch following Shabbat morning services. After lunch, an engaging study and discussion session is held, based on topics of interest selected by the teens.
- United Synagogue Youth (USY): Educational and social opportunities are available through USY, Shaarey Tikvah’s youth group for teens in ninth through twelfth grade.
- Teen Volunteer Program: Teens have the opportunity to work with young children in our Shabbat Clubhouse program.
- Community Education Options: The Cleveland Jewish community offers several excellent educational programs for teens. Examples include:
- Akiva High School (http://www.akivacleveland.org)
- HaZamir Cleveland (http://www.hazamircleveland.org)
- Saltzman Youth Panel (http://www.jewishcleveland.org/page.aspx?id=72767)
- Ambassadors for Unity Write on for Israel: A unique two year program that educates a dedicated group of Jewish high school juniors from all denominations in the core issues of Israeli society and the geopolitical situation in Israel today. In addition, students learn, engage and work with a group of Israeli peers from Beit Shean/Emek HaMayanot, Cleveland’s partnership region. The first year culminates in a 10 day Israel exploratory mission, giving participants the opportunity to experience the realities of life in Israel. In the second year, students will become expert advocates in order to educate others about Israel.