Donations and/or Payments
There are many ways to support Congregation Shaarey Tikvah. Each tax-deductible* donation provides critical funding that helps to sustain this wonderful community.
Please indicate your preference in the message area below.
- Shofar Campaign - High Holiday pledges paid throughout the year
- Endowment - Contributions providing long-term support to the congregation
- Tribute Gifts - Commemorating simchas or other personal achievements
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund - Confidential use by Rabbi Roland
- Guest Speaker Fund - Allows us to transport, house, and pay honorariums
- Mitzvah Corps - Purchases shiva trays, fruit baskets, Kosher meals, etc.
- Garden Fund - Supports the annual care of the grounds
- General Fund - Programming, education, operations
- High Holy Days Choir - Professional musicians/singers perform
- Sisterhood - Membership, programming, education, and outreach
- Men's Club - Membership, programming, education, and outreach
- Dues and Fees - Paying your CST invoice in part or in full * May not be fully tax-deductible
- Events - CST events where an entrance fee is charged. * May not be fully tax-deductible
- Al & Hilda Bertman and Belle Cohen Kitchen Fund - To provide for improvement, modernization and maintenance of the synagogue kitchen.
- Milton & Mollie Chenchinsky and Sam & Dorothy Segel Children’s Fund - To provide children’s activities, including services, holiday programming and youth group programs.
- Jack Chernin General Purpose Fund - To be determined by the synagogue’s Board of Trustees.
- Jackie Chernin Children’s Fund - To provide children’s activities, including services, holiday programming and youth group programs.
- Marvin & Irene Engelberg Guest Speaker Fund - To provide guest speakers for various synagogue functions including holiday programming, Shabbat services and lecture series.
- Tzarikh Iyun: The Fersky Fund for Adult Learning - To provide adult Jewish learning opportunities through visiting scholar-in-residence weekends.
- Richard & Martha Gompertz Lecture Fund - To provide guest speakers for various synagogue functions including holiday programming, Shabbat services and lecture series.
- Josh Stone PlayStation Fund - To provide funds in support of maintenance of the playground.
- Henry & Marion Gruen Garden Fund - To provide flowers for, and to maintain, the front entrance garden.
- Rachel Fay Hoffer Youth Fund - To provide funding for CST youth in Kadima and USY to attend conventions.
- Dr. Richard and Roberta Katzman Building and Grounds Fund - For the beautification of the building and grounds of the synagogue.
- Leavitt/Spector Family Shiva Fund - To provide shiva books that explain the bereavement process and Jewish laws and customs relating to mourning when someone suffers the loss of a family member.
- Cantor Gary D. Paller Music Fund - To provide funding for musical programming.
- Alan A. Leff Fund for Jewish Engagement and Spirituality - To provide funding for opportunities for growth as Jews.
- Henry Margolis Synagogue Security Fund - To provide funds for materials or services needed to keep Shaarey Tikvah safe and secure.
- George E. Markwitz Holocaust Education Fund - To fund Holocaust education programs for synagogue youth.
- Matanah Women’s Education Fund (an acronym for “ma’agal” – circle, “Torah” – learning, and “nashim” – women) - To create community among women through learning.
- Rudy and Judy Michel Children’s Fund - To provide children’s activities including services, holiday programming and youth group programs.
- Peter Rosskamm Children’s Fund - To provide scholarships for children attending youth camps or travelling to Israel
- Moses & Meta Schnerb Shabbat Fund - To provide funds to enhance the meaning of Shabbat for all ages.
- Robert & Alice Schubach Fund for Holocaust Education - To provide funds for the continuance of Holocaust-related programming
- Rabbi Jacob and Rita Shtull Adult Education and Programming Fund - To provide adult education including programming, literature, prayer books, and chumashim.
- Justin & Alma Zimmerman Social Hall Fund - To fund the beautification, restoration and maintenance of the Zimmerman Social Hall.
- Martin Kohn and Marcia R. Silver Wholesome Kitchen Fund - To provide wholesome food and equipment necessary to produce it at CST
- Wertheim Family Fund for Holocaust Education - To provide funds for the continuance of Holocaust-related programming
- Claryne, Joseph and Harriet Karsh Jewish Sacred Music Fund - To provide funding for cantorial and/or choral music on Shabbat, Festivals or in educational settings.
- Sherman Leavitt Benevolent Fund - To provide funding for congregants in need at the Rabbi’s Discretion
- 75th Anniversary Fund - General Operations
- Board Designated Fund - General Operations
For more information about other donation opportunities, please contact Martha Sivertson, 216-765-8300 ext. 101 or simply use the donation form below. We have programs to accept gifts of stock as well as company matching programs.
Please remember to note what your payments are for in the "Reason" box below. Thank you!
Donation and Payments Form